1. International students must attend all classes defined by the teaching plan and pass all the examinations conducted by ISAO in North Sichuan Medical University (NSMU).
2. The examinations are graded with 100 point system of which the passing score is 60%, i.e. 60 points out of 100 points. The final score is composed of the final examination (60%), internal assessment (30%) and performance during semester including class attendance (10%).
3. For each subject, minimum class attendance requirement for participating in the final examination is 80 % of the total academic hours, including theory and practical.
4. Whoever fails to participate in the final examination without permission from the ISAO will be regarded as absent and will be awarded ‘
5. Teachers will evaluate and mark the exam papers respectively and grade students. Marked papers will not be given back to the students. Written application may be submitted to ISAO for re-checking the marks in case of dissidence in the score within the first week of the next semester. The related department will recheck the paper according to regular procedures. Students have no right to check the examination papers or ask the subject teacher to change the score.
6. Those who fail in final semester examinations are allowed to sit for make-up test, but the final result in the mark-sheet will be marked as “Make-up Examination”. Failure in the make-up test will result in restudying the course whose fee should be borne by the student.
7. The score of make-up exams will be recorded as follows: If the score is 60 or more, it will be recorded as 60. If less than 60, it will be recorded as the exact mark. The make-up record will also be kept in the personal file.
8. If inevitable circumstances, during examination period, refrains a student from participating in the examination, the student should write an application for postponing the exam. If permission is granted, he/she will be allowed to take part in the make-up test arranged by ISAO and the record will not be marked as “Make-up Examination”. However, he/she will not be given a make-up examination if he/she fails. He/she will have to restudy the subject as those who fail in the make-up examination.
9. International Students must finish assignments conscientiously, independently and in time. Those who fail to submit two fifths of the assignments or who are absent from class (theory and practical) for more than 20% of the total classes in a subject without good reasons will be barred from taking the final semester examination. The mark in that particular subject (theory or practical) will be recorded as “
10. The student must observe the rules of the examination room and must not promote cheating during examination. Once cheating is found, he/she will be asked to leave the exam hall and the paper will be marked “
11. Examination Rules
1). Students should arrive at the examination room 15 minutes before the examination. Having been admitted to the examination room, students are not allowed to leave without permission from the invigilator. Students should wear proper attire. No students are permitted to enter the examination room 15 minutes after the examination has started. Students are not permitted to leave the examination room during the first 30 minutes of each examination.
2). Students must leave all the study materials and bags in the front of the examination room.
3). Students must keep absolute silence in the examination room.
4). During the examination, students must keep their mobile phones and other electronic devices OFF and put them in the assigned place.
5). Students must write their roll number and names on the examination paper first.
6). Students must not cheat or assist cheating: they must not communicate by word of mouth or other body languages with other students. They must not borrow any stationery (e.g. pens, rulers, erasers, calculators, etc.) from others during the examination. They must not peep at other students’ papers or change papers with others. They must not bring in test-related papers to the test room. If the above-mentioned behavior(s) is/are found, his/her result will be marked as “zero” and a written warning will be given.
7). Students must use black or dark blue ball-point pens for writing answers. Examination papers completed by pencils or red pens will be null (examination questions which require drawing pictures excluded).
8). Students must not raise any questions to the invigilators during the examination.
9). Students must observe the prevailing non-smoking rule in the examination room. Food and drink are not allowed.
10). Students must remain seated at the end of the examination. Students must not communicate with other students while all completed examination papers are being collected by the invigilators.
11). Students must not talk or discuss outside the examination room after submitting their papers in advance, because this may disturb other students who are still sitting for the examination.